Sunday, May 29, 2011

Prayer Meeting On Saturday

I was prepared to pray alone actually but I expected at least a few people to come. I also didn't know how a prayer meeting goes, so my plan was just to keep praying the whole hour. Around 11:10 I got a call from Sara telling me she can't get into the building. So a problem with having the prayer meeting in East Hall on Saturday is all the doors except the "staff" door is locked and I assume no one else in AIV knows about the side door. So probably we'll have it at a different location next week.

So me and Sara prayed for out summer activities, NSO, the start of fall, preparing the hearts of the upcoming leaders, IVLI, the progress of AIV, the presence of God on campus, the recent disasters around the world, the end of the world mania, the seniors who have graduated and Jordan's baptism. We ended the prayer session asking God's to help us start by working ourselves for all the things that we prayer for and not laze back just because we know God's in control.

There are some specific things you might want to include in your prayers, namely;

For the 3 people going to IVLI, Jodi, Mark and guess what, Jerry is going too. So Sara is following all of them there. I don't want to be waking up at 7:30 for a month and coming humble and under the teachers and leaders at IVLI. So I'm guess it might grow into a struggle for them and umm IVLI is suppose to be something done with a burning passion and not a struggling heart no? So let's pray that they'll have strength and support through out IVLI.

There are quite a number of us whose families aren't Christian they will be going back for summer holidays at one point or another. Pray for their families. God hears us and only the people whom God calls to him can come to him. Let God hear our desperate cries for their families to be saved too! Time is ticking.

Pray for Joyce to get well. I think she'll still on the wheelchair and I don't know if her bones set well so she can't walk normally without needing to go for a major surgery.

Pray for the potlucks and Bible studies we have everyweek. We've got great leaders, great cooks and great jokers. We get to praise God together, study the scripture and have great fun.

And finally don't neglect to pray for yourselves. I don't know about you, but I often do that whenever I make a prayer list.

2 comments:

  1. wow what a jam-packed meeting! I can't believe you prayed for all of those things in an hour o_O.

    As for the attendance...this weekend was a little understandable because it is memorial day weekend. But I'll definitely change the location to see if more people can make it out to a better place...

    I like the list you gave us at the end. It's a really great reminder and a great way to keep all of us updated on things to pray for within and outside of our fellowship.

    thank you for your consideration for us going to IVLI! You're right...I agree, it shouldn't be suffering to go, it should be because we feel passionate about our cause to go. I'm trying to cut back on complaining about my 8AM lab now cuz it's actually preparing me for IVLI :). God sure has a way of using everything for a cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, great list jason and good job mark on looking at the good of your situation :D

    ReplyDelete